Building a website is not as exciting as it sounds. It is actually a lot of work and plenty of trials and errors. The final output, however, can take your business to new heights, to it’s definitely worth the effort. You enjoy its benefits, and then before you know it, it’s time for an update yet again.
If you already have a website, you might wonder why there’s a need to make changes to it. You see, you can’t just build one and then forget about it. Trends for website design and digital marketing continuously change, and you have to keep up, or you’ll be left in the dust by your competition. That’s the last thing you want â€“ to have a website that people will leave in seconds because it’s too outdated.
How would you know you need a new website, then? Nick the Marketer, one of the experts in website design in Birmingham, AL, shares the signs you should look out for:
6 Signs Your Business Website Needs an Overhaul
- You always have to tell anyone who asks for your website that you haven’t updated your website in a while. When the endorsement of your website comes with a disclaimer, that’s not good for your business, and the fact that you are aware of it means you can and should do something about it.
- A pop-up message appears when you visit your website that says you need to download flash. Come on, you know everybody has moved on and said goodbye to flash years ago. It’s a clear indication that you need a new website.
- Do your sales team send the website link to potential customers, or do they direct them to your social media pages? If it’s the latter, it could be because they are not that confident showing customers the company’s outdated website because it doesn’t have the professional appeal that it should have.
- Your website still uses stock photos. Those photos either look too goofy to be taken too seriously or too generic to have an impact on your audience. If you still have them on your website, it means you’re ready for an update. It’s not that expensive to use professionally taken photos, especially if they’re going to highlight your products or services. Invest in a good photographer, and you’ll see how big a difference it makes when your photos are worth displaying on your company website.
- Your website still doesn’t have an SSL certificate. This is common with old websites. New ones, on the other hand, consider this a standard. So if you have no SSL certificate it means you have gone for many years without updating your site and you shouldn’t put it off any longer.
- You have links and images on your website that do not appear properly. The images could be missing completely, and the content could be misaligned. This happens because some of the elements are no longer compatible with the updates and version changes. If you see this often on your website, then there is no doubt that a website replacement is in order.
Do any of these six sound familiar to you? Perhaps you even notice them all! An old website sends the wrong message to customers. They would feel like you don’t take care of your business or that you don’t care about your audience because if you do, you will ensure that your website is a platform that offers valuable information about your brand and your products or services.
Look, there’s no shame in admitting that you have an outdated website. In fact, recognizing that is the very first step towards improvements. The next thing you need to do is to find yourself the right team to do your web design in Birmingham, AL.
Nick the Marketer is a full-service digital marketing agency in Birmingham, AL, that not only offers website design services but can also help ensure that it is optimized for SEO so your site could rank high on search engine results pages. We can also take care of your social media marketing and PPC! Get in touch with our team today to find out how we can help you with your website!